Saturday, June 17, 2017

Recently I've been thinking

About how life tends to chew up people and then spit them out.

Is it all about choosing the right thing to get chewed up over? Is it about pretending not to notice you've been spat out? Because it seems like it's terribly hard to avoid getting chomped in the first place.

Is it about finding the right people to go through the grinder with you? Or is it about being the one who leads everyone to charge into the dragon's maw?

Maybe it's about finding a corner to stew in, looking at gums and teeth and pondering the meaning of life. Or perhaps it's about looking around for the right sharp tooth to throw ourselves on.

Probably there are those who look at the dragon in awe and call it a god. There are probably also those who call the cavernous mouth hell; they argue eternally with those who call the outside hell.

I'm just playing around with metaphors and dragons and amusing myself but it's true that recently I look at the sky and wonder if it's a ceiling; look at the countless buildings and think about unspoken rules and laws that give us convenience and constraints both; look at those who make some of the rules and wonder what they think.

I believe people have a general idea of what they intend, but the world is endlessly complicated and a ball thrown from A to B will likely get banged at A.1, blown by B.2, hit by a boar at C and end up somewhere around K. Eventually.

In essence I think that people rarely know the answers to anything. And that makes me chafe when someone tells me that this is what you're supposed to do. Up yours, I want to say.

Society is created when a bunch of people decide to follow a number of spoken and unspoken rules. So I'm looking through history trying to understand how this began, because maybe I'll get a better idea of what it really entails. Having grown up in this petri dish, I can't really see the culture for what it is, so to speak.

In essence... recently I've been thinking all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment