Tuesday, December 15, 2015

little bits of happiness

Since I'm too tired to read, I made a list of books I'm gonna read! (I've finished the two I posted previously). Not sure how I'm bringing this to korea (ebooks are hard to read! Paper je t'aime!) but I'm sure I could throw out some socks, some sweaters...

Now, in no particular order!

1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, by Mark Haddon


I've been meaning to read this for ages, but somehow never got around to it. I just read the preview, though, and I'm determined to read this treasure! 


2. 11.22.63 by Stephen King


Stephen King is a brilliant writer, but I like being able to sleep without nightmares. However, this (and the next book on the list) seems to be pure thrill and enjoyment :) 


3. The Mist, by Stephen King


I'm pretty sure I read this before, and enjoyed it a lot! I roughly remember a mishmash group having to survive in a shopping mall with monsters roaming outside. I think this was the book, anyway. I'll find out soon enough :) 


4. The Night Circus, by Erin Morgenstern


I only read the preview, but this promises to be awesome. It reminds me a little of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which was both enchanting and spine-chilling. 


5. A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J. Maas


I think I'm giving this book a chance? I've heard good things about Sarah J. Maas, and this book seems to be really well received. Hoping it turns out to be a great read! 

(and yes, I'm placing tiny book pictures here! Isn't everything so colorful heh)


6. The 5th Wave, by Rick Yancey


This reminds me, somehow, of I Am Legend. Humans being hunted by aliens, humans distrusting and killing other humans... a zombie-esque novel without the zombies. Whew! After the Newsflesh Trilogy by Mira Grant, I think I've grown much more open to this genre. 


Hmm, only six books? Hahaha. I just took an aspirin+coffee to wipe off the last of my two hour headache, which has been thunderclouding for a while. Hopefully now that it's over, everything will be back to normal, and my brain will regain the ability to read a book, which is nigh impossible when there is a whomper in my head. 

Which is gone! 

Now I shall read Talley's. 


Thassright!


The Script - for the first time

No comments:

Post a Comment