Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Burning

It's very easy to say I don't give a shit. It's simple to throw out: you're not worth my trust. 

But what if I were you? What if I had your parents, your home environment, your experiences - good and bad - your beliefs, trials, tribulations, achievements, hopes and dreams? Then I would be you. And I would do what you did.

I can't forgive it yet. I don't half believe what I said above, either. But I can try. I can try! Because I don't want to hate, I don't want to be angry, I don't want to be hurt, and I don't want to give up trusting people like a jaded adult.

People aren't evil. They're just people. And I'm one of us. I have my own demons.

I still feel hurt; you betrayed my trust. And I don't give second chances! I don't know how to reconcile that (what I am feeling) with who I want to be. I don't know how to bridge that gap.

This stings. It burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment