Sunday, October 25, 2015

You are alive

There have been many times in life when I felt that living consisted of waiting. I have waited for PSLE, O levels, then A levels, then med interviews, then year end exams to be over. I'm not the only one, I know :)

Even as I wait with part dread and part anticipation for a milestone to pass, time ticks on. And while it feels like all life is on hold until it happens, it isn't. I still breathe, eat, sleep, talk, meet people, experience, get scolded, get irritated, get crazy happy, etc. (I just had to do that :D)

I guess the question then is: How do I experience small, mundane moments in the face of large, eagerly anticipated ones? How do I... live the everyday seconds, acknowledge the pebbles in the road, while the mountain looms in the distance?

Whether or not I appreciate these moments, they happen. I might as well make the most of it. Give them some love, because I don't want my life to hang on the big things; it's the small ones that make up the most of it.

Small moments matter just as much as the big ones, and there are so many more of them!


Breathe, you are alive. 
- Thich Nhat Hanh

No comments:

Post a Comment