Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Heavy air

This time I had someone with me, and it did make it easier.

It's just such a bloody shame! When we're young, we think we're invincible. We feel that bad things happen, but not to us. How could anything go wrong?

We see the ones that go wrong in the resuscitation room. Look, I can't really sort out my feelings right now, only that my heart bled for you when I realised how badly you were injured and how dismal your prognosis. My chest tightened when your mother broke down and your dad patted your blanket with a shaking hand, a dry face, and kissed your forehead. When he walked away, I learned that people really can age in moments.

I'm furious at the kids who dared you to make that jump. And I'm furious at you for accepting that dare.

It's just such a bloody waste! What was it all for? Why?

Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment