Tuesday, August 11, 2015

So I was thinking... aka I should stop doing that

So I was thinking, (as usual), and the same sort of question popped up in my head. This time, surprisingly, it just sort of hung in the brainspace.

Life is uncertainty, learn to deal with it, and so on. The thing is, there has to be an end somewhere, right? We can't be uncertain about our school acceptance, our ticket bid, our yeast experiment forever. I know in places like India we can be uncertain for a long time, but eventually...time passes...and we have our answer. 

Good things come to those who wait and all that? 

This is faintly reminiscent of a farmer who waits a year for his apple tree to bear fruit, only to discover that it's a banana tree. But is this a matter of readjustment, where you wait to see if this is a first-of-its-kind tree that grows bananas and apples? More waiting. And if the next fruit is a pear? 

This is ridiculous. 

Anyway, I came away with the disturbing thought that I might have either shot myself in the foot, or in the head; but either way I seem to have shot something.

Oh dear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment