Sunday, August 23, 2015

Learning how to react differently requires courage.

I want to defend my actions. I want to find the faults in your argument. I want to be indignant, but at the same time I don't want to take the role of the victim.

I want to do all these things, but           it's no good. It won't make anything better.

So I will not. I don't really know what I'll do, but I guess I'll listen with all my heart and soul, or as much as I possibly can.

And stepping away from what I normally do, my familiar pattern of actions - even though all that is to come and not has been done - it feels as if I'm stepping forward and trusting that there'll be something to receive my foot.


I forgot that the bully and the victim are not always separate; in causing harm the perpetrator hurts himself too (whether he notices or not).

The world is not that friggin' simple. But... I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment