Saturday, July 4, 2015

Laughter is the best medicine

I can't believe George Carlin died! That is, he has been dead for a few years already, but why, how? He's one of the best comedians I've ever known. In fact, he is the best comedian I've ever known, since there's only one other, the famous R.P.

His diatribes on religion are hilarious. He actually has an autobiography, from which I quote:

I'm happy to tell you there is very little in this world that I believe in. Listening to the comedians who comment on political, social, and cultural issues, I notice most of their material reflects an underlying belief that somehow things were better once and that with just a little effort we could set them right again. 

(...) I don't feel so confined. I frankly don't give a fuck how it all turns out in this country - or anywhere else, for that matter. I think the human game was up a long time ago (when the high priests and traders took over), and now we're just playing out the string. And that is, of course, precisely what I find so amusing (...) The decay and disintegration of this culture is astonishingly amusing if you are emotionally detached from it. 

(...) I enjoy describing how things are, I have no interest in how they "ought to be". And I certainly have no interest in fixing them. I sincerely believe that if you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem. My motto: Fuck Hope! 

Listening to him, sometimes I don't know to laugh or-? Some of his jokes are crude, but life can be that, too.






For five minutes of saturday humor, just google funny signs :) 


Keaton Simons - beautiful pain

No comments:

Post a Comment