Friday, January 23, 2015

"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy told the alchemist one night as they looked up at the moonless sky. 

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity." 


***

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist



There are a lot of things we don't know that we don't know, aren't there? Lol, not trying to be convoluted on purpose. The thing is, it isn't a matter of struggling hard enough and 'getting there', i.e. finding out these things that we don't know exist. If you don't know what's a dictionary, where do you go to search for it, right? You wouldn't even know there's one to look for.

I think that's why we're told that there's no shame in asking, or that no man is an island.

(...)

Today is a long day that starts and ends late (like, 9pm++?). The hermit in me is very upset LOL!! but whatever. Supposed to meet up with the new female MO's to be, and T asked us to bring stuff we think they'll need in BMT. All I can think of are clothes pins? Haha, useless senior. Well it's not like I can give them support...actually I can...like my phone number...but I don't answer text messages...AAAARGH.

(...)

On a side note, I found out that 'crisp (burnt?) rice from the bottom of the pot' actually has a name in Persia, and it's tahdig. Only they do things to it that make it taste good (?) and serve it to guests (??)

It's crazy how different things can be. I want to travel haha.