Saturday, April 7, 2012

Ramble



I'll soon find out if it's another end of the spectrum, the opposite rise of a pendulum - or actually a door? And I'll hope for happy revelations popping up in between :) like a happy muffin! haha :D

Although he devotes hours of each day to his new discipline, he finds its first premise, as enunciated in the Communications 101 handbook, preposterous: 'Human society has created language in order that we may communicate our thoughts, feelings, and intentions to each other.' His own opinion, which he does not air, is that the origins of speech lie in song, and the origins of song in the need to fill out with sound the overlarge and rather empty human soul. 
- J. M. Coetzee, Disgrace

But then, I just like songs haha :D

Today I met sean at ccab! Apparently he'd been training pullups at the side while I was running the track, but I never saw him until at the entrance when I was about to leave. so we walked back together - oops haha he's my neighbour LOLOL - and talked about army and oac (he's 34th batch) and stuffs.

super LOL moment when he told me they actually don't get tents after some period (bmt?) and get groundsheets only :(
me: so what do you do when it rains, roll yourselves up like a sushi?

LOLLLL apparently they tie it to a tree and rough it out underneath! good luck guys~ :D :D

----------------

I actually slept from 1 to 5 today <33

I have to think about this topic of 'memories', so I have been. I suppose I've settled on the little, fleeting moments that occur so often but are forgotten so easily, the feelings that are felt strongly but so shortly because they're just reactions. I'm putting them over memories that have been passed down from our parents, lessons brimming with fifty years of experience, not because they're better, in a sense, but because to me they mean more. Lessons are important but moments that flicker away, elusive like shadows in darkness, are us. 

Now the problem is...haha. Doing something.

You don't need to force yourself. Labelled words spoken with such clumsily hidden distaste I - just - flinched - inside. Once, twice, no more, why are you forcing yourself? Does saying what you cannot comprehend satiate your guilt? Or is this sadism?

No comments:

Post a Comment